Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business people from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish, purchase a business or become partners in an existing business.
The Provincial Nominee Program authorities accelerate the immigration process by providing a Nomination Certificate to you which allows faster processing by the Government of Canada of your immigration application. The Province of Manitoba is committed to help you and your family settle successfully, identify business opportunities and establish your business or farm in the province.
The MPNP is now closed for Expressions of Interest. The renewed Entrepreneur Pathway replaces the previous MPNP-B stream. It allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business people from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish, purchase a business or become partners in an existing business. The stream will reopen after the criteria changes have been implemented. Highlights of changes announced by Manitoba Authorities are attached for your reference.
Highlights of changes announced by Manitoba Authorities are as follows:
- No minimum or maximum age; however, ranking points are allocated to candidates 25 to 49 years of age.
- Minimum Net Worth Required is 500,000 CAD$
- Third Part Verification of Net worth is mandatory
- Minimum 3 years of experience out of last 5 years (Business Experience or Senior Management Experience)
- Business owners must have at least 33.33% ownership to qualify for points.
- Minimum Canadian high school certificate equivalent
- Minimum Language Proficiency Required for Principal Applicant is CLB5
- Points for Adaptability
- A Business Plan is required and is an integral part of the application.
- Minimum Investment Required is 250,000 CAD$ inside Capital Region of Manitoba
- Minimum Investment Required is 150,000 CAD$ outside Capital Region of Manitoba
- The proposed business must create or maintain at least one job for a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident in Manitoba (excluding owners of the business and/or their close relatives).
- After an application is approved, a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) must be signed prior to the MPNP issuing you a letter of support for applying for a work permit.
- Work Permit for 2 years