Canadian Tourist Visa
Canada is a well known country for its beauty & diversity and is one of the most sought after destination for tourists worldwide. Stunning locales, vibrant cities, and a welcoming crowd will make your travel experience worthwhile in this country. If you are planning a visit to Canada anytime in near future then WWICS (a world leader in providing solutions for travelling and settlement across globe) can assist you in acquiring the Tourist Visa, which is mandatory for visiting Canada or any other international locations.
A Tourist Visa will allow you to travel in Canada for a short period of time and discover the beauty and heritage of that country. However, please make sure that you visit Canada only for tourism purpose and don’t indulge in business or any other activities.
Basic Requirements to Visit Canada:
- You need to have a valid passport.
- Should not have any criminal or immigration fraud related record.
- Provide a valid reason for your return to your home country (like employment record, family record, etc.)
- Be in good health (need a thorough medical checkup).
- The immigration officer should be convinced that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- Have enough money to support your travel expense
In certain cases, you may be required to clear a medical exam or obtain a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
Apply for a Tourist Visa:
There are two ways to apply for a Tourist Visa: –
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
An eTA is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for a period of five years or until your passport expires. Applying through an eTA is a simple and inexpensive online process. All you need is a valid passport, an email address, and a credit card to complete online formalities. The eTA authorizations are issued within 24 hours of the form submission.
Also known as a Temporary Resident Visa, which can be applied online or through paper application.
1. Online – To apply online, you must have electronic copies of your documents (education certificates, valid employment & medical records) required for uploading along with passport and a valid credit card for payment.
2. Paper – To apply on paper for a Tourist Visa, you must first get an application package. Fill out all the details in the form and attach the required documents. Next step will be to pay the application fees and finally submit your application file for further processing.
Tourist Visa Application:
Most applications for Tourist Visa are processed within a few weeks or less. However, the processing time depends on the immigration office.
Once you have submitted the application, it is thoroughly reviewed by the immigration officer to ensure it is complete and has all the required documents. In case, if the application is incomplete, it is sent back for completion.
After the application process is completed, the immigration officer may ask for the following documents:-
Medical Examination – You may be asked to get a thorough medical checkup done before being eligible for entry into Canada. Instructions will be sent to you by the officer. Note – If you need a medical exam, it may take long for your application to process. In addition, you need to have a proper Health Insurance for any emergencies, as if you fall sick or get injured during your travel sojourns, the Canadian government won’t bear any of your medical expenses.
Police Certificate – It is possible that you may be asked to provide a police certificate to authenticate that you do not have any criminal records or trial cases pending against you.
Interview – If a visa officer decides that an interview is necessary before your travel, you will be intimated about the time and date of the same.