UK Sole Representative Visa
The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa category allows the senior representative to travel to the UK in order to establish the company in the form of registering the company, conducting business matters, opening offices and acting as the sole representative of said company.
This visa is favorable for growing international businesses that have no presence in the UK and are looking for an access to European markets without any trade barriers. Since this program involves no investment requirement, it is often seen as a more flexible option than the Entrepreneur visa.
The United Kingdom – Quick Facts
- Capital – London
- Passport Rank – 8th
- Population – 65 Million
- Language – English
In order to qualify for a Sole Representative of an overseas business visa, you need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that your overseas company sending you to UK fulfills the following criteria:
- It must be a genuine company, incorporated overseas and established for a min of one year.
- Sending the employee must be for the company’s benefit.
- The budget allocated for UK expansion should be realistic keeping in mind the company’s size, nature of business & its revenue.
- When the visa is granted & the employee comes to work on behalf of the company in the UK, the majority of company’s business must always be conducted out of the UK.
WHICH EMPLOYEE QUALIFIES AS A SOLE REPRESENTATIVE?
To qualify for a Sole Representative visa, applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria,
- The applicant must hold a senior position within the company but not be major shareholder. You can be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarter of business are outside UK.
- Applicant may hold senior position in the company and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf. However, the employee cannot be an owner or a manger & cannot own more than 49% of company’s business.
- You can be recruited and employed outside the UK by company headquarters of business are outside the UK
- Meet the English Language requirement with at least CEFR level A1 or having an academic qualification taught in English and is recognized by UK NARIC
VISA EXTENSION FOR SOLE
The overseas representative visa lasts for a period of three years and can be extended after this. The extension lasts for a further two years. After the holder has been in the U.K for a total period of five years, they can then apply for permission to settle permanently in the United Kingdom.
- Investment Amount: Depending on Business Requirement. GBP 50,000 and above.
- IELTS – 5 Bands and above are required.
WWICS – OFFERING EXPERT GUIDANCE AND SUPPORT ON SOLE REPRESENTATIVE VISA
WWICS provides guidance for applicants looking to obtain Sole Representative Visa and will assist you throughout the application process right from first consultation till the granting of the visa as well as visa extensions.
STEP 1 – Client will Sign the Contract with WWICS, makes the Initial payment
STEP 2 – WWICS does the preliminary check on applicants’ profile and provides the basic due diligence report to client. WWICS staff will release the necessary documents checklist and application forms to client
STEP 3 – Complete file preparation and reviewing of documents
STEP 4 – Preparation of business plan and submission to UK authority
STEP 5 – Invitation for Interview Received (if required by UK authority)
STEP 6 – Attend interview if required
STEP 7 – Client received visa sanction confirmation
STEP 8 – Client received the Sole Rep Visa after 3 weeks of Visa Sanction time