skip to Main Content
what what

Partner Visa

Family Visa
The UK Family Visa Program is applicable for UK nationals, UK permanent residents and European Economic Area (EEA)-nationals residing in the UK who want to sponsor partners, parents, and their children to stay in the UK.

Partner Visa
Partners (husband, wife, civil partner, or unmarried partners) of British citizens and persons settled in the UK may apply for temporary visits. The Partner Visa program may extend the possibilities for the applicant to become a permanent resident of the UK

Partner Visa Basic Requirements
The most important eligibility criteria to acquire Partner Visa is to be an eligible partner of a UK citizen or to be an eligible partner of a permanent resident currently living or who intends to reside permanently in the UK.

An eligible partner, as per the UK Partner visa regulations is a spouse (husband, wife or civil partner), unmarried or same-sex partner, or fiancé (e) or proposed civil partner.

Partner visa applicants must meet certain criteria like minimum age, English language proficiency, and accommodation & maintenance (funds) requirements during the stay. The applicants have to prove the existence and sincerity of their relationship. Additionally, certain health and character requirements may also need to be furnished.

Partner Visa Entitlements
A Partner visa entitles the holder to arrive in the UK and live with their partner for an initial probationary period. The probationary period may vary depending on the type of relationship.

  • Spouse: Applicants are permitted a stay of 33 months. After the initial probationary period, they may apply for a further leave to remain for another 30 months. Holding a visa for a total of 60 months under this program, qualifies the visa holders to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
  • Unmarried or same-sex partner: Initial probationary period is 33 months after which the visa holder may apply for an additional 30 months of leave to remain. Holding a visa for a total of 60 months under this program, qualifies the visa holders to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
  • Fiance (e) or proposed civil partner: Visa under this category, entitles the applicant to stay in the UK for 6 months. During the initial stay of 6 months, the applicant must marry or undertake a Civil Partnership Registration with their partner. After the formal procedure, the visa holder may apply for a Partner visa as a Spouse. This visa program doesn’t permit the visa holder to work in the UK.

Dependent and unmarried children under 18 years of age may be included on the visa application to accompany their parent/s to the UK.

Back To Top
Online Counselling Form
close slider