Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This is a Permanent Resident Visa which is an option to the individuals who cannot meet the Skilled Independent criteria and for those applicants whose occupation is not listed in the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
The basic requirement of this visa is to get sponsorship from a sponsoring State/ Territory in Australia. Applicants should also meet the points test by scoring 65. This visa is designed by the Australian government to address skill shortages in Australia.
The Skilled Sponsored Visa is only a Permanent Resident Visa and the applicants under this category must live for 2 years in Specified State from which he/she has been nominated.
Features of this Program:
- The applicant has to be sponsored by State /Territory Government.
- Permanent residents under the Australian Skilled Immigration Program have full access to health care benefits and certain social security payments.
- Permanent residents under this Category can apply for citizenship of Australia after staying there for 4 year.
- Once landed in Australia, the applicant can sponsor their family for permanent residency in Australia.
- Dependents can accompany the applicant, provided they comply with the Australian Migration Law.
- Applicant can score 5 points if nominated by an Australian State/Territory Govt.
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled sponsored visa and must meet the 65 points to file for a visa.
- Age: Under 45 years of age at time of invitation.
- English language: The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competent level by submitting the test results before the application is lodged. He/ she should also meet the English Language threshold (IELTS 6 bands in all the components). If the applicant needs 10 or 20 points under Proficiency in English (IELTS 7 or more bands/ 8 or more bands respectively in all the components), English Language test results are required.
- Nominated Occupations: The applicant should nominate an occupation in the Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or Short term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) that is relevant to the applicant’s skills, qualifications and recent work experience and the occupation should also be available in the respective state that will sponsor the state nomination.
- Skill Assessment: It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the application is lodged.
- Maintenance funds: The applicants should show sufficient maintenance funds to obtain sponsorship from state territory.
- Health & character requirements: The applicant has to meet with health and character requirements.