Nova Scotia Canada
Nova Scotia is among one of the best provinces for business persons looking to get Permanent Residency of Canada. The Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) Entrepreneur stream caters specifically to all business persons, investors and senior management professionals who are looking to start a new business or acquire an existing business in the province of Nova Scotia. The business owners are required to be an active participant in the daily management of the business. This program starts with temporary residency and leads to permanent residency. To be eligible for permanent residency under this program, the applicant needs to run a business on a work permit in the province for a period of not less than one year.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for Applicants:
Applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Have no less than $600,000 CAD in unencumbered net business and personal assets that are readily available for transfer to Canada, verified by NSOI-designated third party professionals.
- Demonstrate accumulation of claimed net worth through legal means, verified by NSOI designated third party professionals.
- Have a minimum of three years of business ownership experience including 33.33% ownership in the last 10 years or greater than five years of experience in a senior business manager role in the last 10 years.
- Have (CLB) 5 in either English or French
- Have a minimum of Canadian high school diploma
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), taken in the last five years prior to the date the EOI is submitted.
- Agree to make a minimum capital investment of $150,000 CAD to establish a business in Nova Scotia.
- Agree to reside in Nova Scotia.
Step-1: Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Province of Nova Scotia
Step-2: You will receive final score in email.
Step-3: Invitation to Apply
Step-4: Complete Application to NSNP
Step-5: In Person Interview and Business Performance Agreement
Step-6: Temporary Work Permit and Business Establishment in Nova Scotia
Step-7: Request for Nomination
Step-8: Apply for Permanent Residence