Quebec Immigration Program
A Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows different provinces of Canada to nominate individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada and those who are interested in permanently residing in a particular province.
As per the Accord between the Province of Quebec and the Federation of Canada, the former is authorized to select its own immigrants. This restricts the role of the Federation to just granting Permanent Residency after proper verification of the applicant.
In order to immigrate here, one must first obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate. It is important to note that this is not a permanent resident visa and different programs may have different certificates to be filled. Once you have submitted an application for your selection, your qualifications will be assessed at the provincial level. Post approval, your application is submitted at the federal level for security and medical checks. It is only after the approval of the federal level that you are granted a Permanent Resident Visa.
There are majorly three programs under the Quebec Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). These are: –
Quebec Provincial Nominee Program for Skilled Workers
The conditions of the Regular Skilled Worker Program
Selection factors and criteria
Selection of the candidates is made on the basis of a selection grid, with points awarded on the basis of various selection factors and criteria. The assessment of your application will determine whether you obtain a sufficient number of points to be selected by Quebec.
The selection factors and criteria are designed to assess your social and professional profile and help determine your potential for integrating into the Quebec labour market and society. The factors and criteria considered include:
Education and area of training
To be eligible for selection, candidates must, at a minimum, hold a diploma corresponding to a general or vocational high school diploma in Quebec.
The assessment of a candidate’s training is based on the list of areas of training. This list contains high school vocational training programs, vocational college programs, and university programs that lead to a diploma recognized by Quebec universities.
The work experience by a skilled worker candidate must have been acquired:
In the 5 years preceding the date of submission of an application for a selection certificate
In an occupation with a skill level above ‘D’ as defined by the National Occupational Classification
Legally in the country concerned.
The following experience, which respects the aforementioned conditions, is recognized:
Experience that was acquired full time or part time in remunerated jobs
Full-time or part-time work internships as part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma, both remunerated and non-remunerated.
Your knowledge of French and English
All the candidates in the regular Skilled Worker Program who wish to obtain points in the selection grid for their knowledge of French and English must present attestation of results of evaluation tests or diplomas recognized by the Ministere. Children accompanying their parents are exempted from this requirement.
Your stays in Quebec and family relationship with a Canadian Citizen
Having an employment offer validate by the Ministere
Characteristics of accompanying spouse
Children below the age of 22
|Basic needs of main family units for 3 month period after arrival in Quebec|
|One adult||Two adults|
|One child (- 18 years)||$4,212||$5.150|
|Two children (-18 years)||$4,755||$5,558|
|Three children (-18 years)||$5,297||$5,966|
** Amount in effect from January 1st to December 31st, 2018.
Things to do before completing your official immigration application
See if your trade of profession is regulated in Quebec
Know about the obstacles encountered by the immigrants looking for job
Assess the cost of immigrating to Quebec
Know about the average processing time
Understand the selection process under Regular Skilled Worker Program
The 4-step procedure!
Get informed about the feasibility of your immigration project
Find out about the immigration process and know about the conditions of regular Skilled Worker Program
To apply to immigrate, submit an expression of interest through Arrima. Complete and update your expression of interest form at any time, free of charge.
If your profile meets the Quebec’s needs and you receive an invitation, you must apply for permanent residence to the Government of Canada.
Quebec Provincial Nominee Program for Self-Employed Business Immigration
The Quebec Self-Employed Business category allows qualified businessmen to obtain a Canada immigration Visa (for permanent residency) and successfully establish themselves in Quebec by practicing any business activity.
To be eligible for Quebec Provincial Nominee Program (PNP):-
- You must have legally obtained verifiable net worth of at least C$100,000 along with, where applicable, your married or common-law spouse provided he or she is accompanying you
- You must have an experience of at least 2 years as a self-employed worker in the business field you plan to practice in Québec.
- Your and your spouse’s age, where applicable
- The nature and duration of your academic and professional training
- Your language skills, personal qualities and knowledge about Québec.
Quebec Provincial Nominee Program for Entrepreneurs
To qualify for Entrepreneurs Quebec Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), you must:-
- have net worth of at least C$300,000
- that he/she meets the definition of experience in the operation of an enterprise which is defined as the actual assuming on a full time basis of responsibilities and duties related to the planning, management and control of material, financial and human resources in a profitable and legal agricultural, commercial or industrial enterprise of which he/she controls at least 25% of the equity, alone or with his/her accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, excluding the exercise of such duties in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma
- Submit a business project with a purpose to create or acquire a business in the province
The applicants for this Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are also assessed on the following basis:-
- Your age and your spouse age, where applicable
- The nature and duration of your academic and professional training
- Your language skills, personal qualities and knowledge about Québec
- Your ability to conduct a business or steps to acquire one in Quebec.
We, at WWICS, help you get through the Provincial Nominee program (PNP) and fly to Quebec to settle down permanently and conduct work activities. We have a team of expert consultants that make sure your application is submitted and processed successfully within the ideal timeframe, so that you can travel timely to Quebec and gain permanent citizenship of Canada.