USA Green Card
United States of America or USA is undoubtedly one of the best economies of the world with excellent education system, state-of-the-art business infrastructure, exuberant tourism activities and high standards of living. If you are planning to make the USA your permanent residence, you must first attain a US Green Card.
US EB-5 Program offers an exclusive category of immigration Visa for foreign High Net worth investors. It is one of the fast-track options to get U.S. Green Card and permanent residency through investment. Operated by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the EB-5 visa program was established by the US Congress in 1990 to facilitate increased investment in the US economy.
An Investor with their spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 can make investment to obtain green card, which allow them the right to permanently live, work and study in the United States.
In order to obtain their permanent residency through the EB-5 visa program, foreign investors must meet specific USCIS requirements of Investment which must be a minimum of $1.8 million, or $900,000 in a Targeted Employment Area (high-unemployment or rural areas). As a result of investment applicants are typically required to demonstrate that 10 new jobs are created.
What is a Regional Center?
Regional Center is an entity, organization or agency that has been approved as such by the USCIS. Regional Centers are eligible to receive immigrant investor capital of US $ 900,000. It focuses on a specific geographic area, also called Targeted Employment Area (high-unemployment or rural areas) within the United Sates. It seeks to promote economic growth to increase export Productivity, creations of new jobs and increased domestic capital investment.
- Investment: Invest $ 900,000 in a government approved Regional Center
- Source of funds: Source of funds should be legal
- Age: Must be at least 21 years old
- Experience: No prior business experience required
- Education: No minimum education requirement
- Language: English language not necessary
- Health: Good health mandatory
- Dependent: Dependent under 21 years of age can be included in the application
Benefits of investing under EB-5 program
There are numerous benefits to investing under the US EB-5 program, and below are some of the most prominent and attractive ones…
- One of the fastest ways to obtain permanent residency in the United States for the EB-5 investor, their spouse and their unmarried children under the age of 21 years.
- There are no employment restrictions on EB-5 green card holders as they can work in any field at anywhere in the United States. Their jobs are not necessary to be in the same state as their EB-5 investment.
- There are no additional visa sponsorship requirements. An EB-5 visa investor acts as his own sponsor. He/she does not have to be sponsored by any American and group.
- No need to involve or operate in day to day management of their EB-5 investment.
- The EB-5 investment visa offers the children of the foreign investors various education benefits including access to public elementary, middle, and high schools along with economical in-state tuition at public colleges and universities.
- In the event of a political change or significant event in the EB-5 investor’s home country, he/she along with his/her immediate family can gain easy entry to the U.S. without delay.
- EB-5 visa investors may be eligible for U.S. citizenship after 5 years after achieving permanent resident status.
- Those who do not wish to apply for citizenship can replace their green card every 10 years without going through a review process.
Why Pursue an EB-5 Visa through WWICS?
WWICS – World’s Largest Immigration Groups, with over 25 Offices all around the globe & more than 26 years of experience in the field of Immigration provides comprehensive Resettlement Solutions and Immigration Programs. WWICS has an expert team which will ensure smooth processing of the applicant’s EB-5 application with the concerned authorities.
Q1. What is the US EB-5 Visa?
The EB-5 Visa is a US Visa created by the Immigration Act of 1990 which provides a method of obtaining the US Green Card for foreign nationals who invest money in the United States. To obtain the Visa, individuals must invest at least $900,000 in a Government approved Regional Center.
Q2. What are the benefits of the Green Card?
The key benefits are:
- All legal permanent residents under the EB-5 Investor Program enjoy the same benefits as every other United States resident.
- The U.S. is a safe harbor for your family as well as your personal and business investments. Any member of the family with a Green Card can enter the U.S. at any time and stay as long as he or she wishes.
- The cost of living in the U.S. is less than most of the large industrial nations. Consumer goods, services and housing cost is significantly less expensive than the same goods and services in most countries.
- Students may work in the U.S. while they attend college and then continue to work afterwards, enabling the student to pay for part of his education and to work while attending graduate and postgraduate studies.
- The U.S. provides many financial, social and educational entitlements: public schools, health and medical attention and social security.
Q3. Who all can apply for this Visa?
People from all the walks of life can apply for this Visa ranging from Professionals, Business persons and Retirees.
Q4. Does the investor have to stay in the area of the Regional Center, once he/ she invests in a Regional Center project?
No. After green card one can live anywhere in the United States, without any restrictions.
Q5. What is meant by the requirement that the investor's assets should be “lawfully gained”?
- Under USCIS regulations, the investor must demonstrate that his assets were gained in a lawful manner, and that the investment funds were obtained through lawful business, salary, investments, property sales, inheritance, gift or other lawful means.
Q6. What is a Designated Regional Center?
A “Regional Center:”
- Is an entity, organization or agency that has been approved as such by the Service;
- Focuses on a specific geographic area within the United States;
- Seeks to promote economic growth through increased export sales, improved regional productivity, creation of new jobs, and increased domestic capital investment.
Q7. Can money gifted by a parent or other relative be used for an EB-5 Investment?
Yes, provided the gift taxes, if applicable are paid. It must be demonstrated that the gift is an actual arms length transaction and is not merely a ruse or is a loan of some kind which will be re-paid after permanent resident status is granted.
Q8. How will a Green- Card holder get the Citizenship of USA?
- Once the applicant receives the Green Card, he will have to stay in the US for 30 months during the 5 years prior to the naturalization application. On becoming a US citizen, the applicant is entitled for all the benefits including the right to vote and hold public office.