Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
If you are a farm owner/operator with proven management skills and the financial resources to develop a sustainable growth-oriented primary production farming business, then Alberta is the right place to be in? Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can nominate individual farm owner/operators who want to immigrate.
AINP works closely with Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development to assess the eligibility of applicants in this category.
Eligibility criteria :
You must prove that you have farm management skills shown by:
- Financial documentation of your existing farm business
- Documentation of your education, training and work experience
- Proposed business plan for the farming enterprise you are considering in Alberta
- Proof that a Canadian financial institution is willing to finance your proposed farming business
You must have sufficient financial resources to develop a sustainable farming operation.
- You must be able to invest a minimum of CDN $500,000 of equity in a primary production farming business in Alberta.
- You must provide documents that demonstrates you have a minimum net worth of CDN $500,000 or confirmation that you have access to a similar amount of funds from other sources.
- The CDN $500,000 is the minimum amount. You may be required to show you have the ability to invest more than the minimum.
You must invest in a primary production farming business in Alberta.
- You will have to document your investment intentions in your proposed business plan.
- Applications representing the best opportunity for growth relevant to Alberta’s agri-food targets will be given priority.