Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business people from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish, purchase a business or become partners in an existing business within the first 24 months of arrival in Canada on a temporary work permit. Applicants are no longer required to submit a deposit of $100,000 to the Manitoba Government.
The MPNP is now open for Expressions of Interest
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) has launched an interim process for applying to the Business Investor Stream Entrepreneur Pathway.
The renewed Entrepreneur Pathway has replaced the previous MPNP-B stream. It allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate qualified business people from around the world who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish, purchase a business or become partners in an existing business.
|Business Experience||Minimum three years of full time work experience in the past five years either as an active business owner or working in a senior management role of a successful business.However, business owners are given higher points in comparison to senior managers.
Business owners must have at least 33 1/3% ownership to qualify for points.
|Official Languages Proficiency||Minimum CLB/NCLC 5|
|Education||Minimum Canadian high school certificate or equivalent|
|Age||No minimum or maximum age; however, ranking points are allocated to candidates between the age-group of 25 to 49.|
|Business Investment||• Minimum investment is $250,000 for businesses situated in the Manitoba Capital Region.• Minimum investment is $150,000 if a business is situated outside of the Manitoba Capital Region.
• Business Investment must be made in an eligible business as defined by the MPNP.
|Business Research Visit||A Business Plan is required and is an integral part of the application.
A business research visit allows the applicant to conduct extensive research of their future business investment or proposal. The Business Research Visit must be conducted no more than one year prior to the submission of your EOI.
|Adaptability||Points will be allocated to you if:• Your spouse has CLB/NCLC 5 or higher;
• You or your spouse have CLB/NCLC 5 or higher in the Second Official Language;
• You or your spouse or common-law partner have a close relative currently residing in Manitoba for more than one year;
• Your child is enrolled in an accredited Manitoba educational institution and is actively pursuing academic, professional or vocational training on a full-time basis for at least six months prior to the date of submission of EOI; and/or
• You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner have completed a program of full-time study for at least one year at a post-secondary institution in Manitoba. You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner must have done this after you turned 17 years old and with a valid study permit;OR
You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner have completed at least six months of continuous full time employment in Manitoba. A letter of reference from the employer and a copy of the work permit must be provided.
|Net Worth||Applicant must have a Minimum net worth of $500,000Your personal net worth will be verified by a third-party supplier approved by the MPNP. A verification report, along with the application, must be submitted to the MPNP within 120 days of receiving your LAA.|
|Business Performance Agreement||After an application is approved, a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) must be signed prior to the MPNP issuing you a letter of support for applying for a work permit.|