Skip to content

Family-Based Provincial Nominee Visa

Canada encourages familial ties, hence offers the Family-Based Provincial Nominee visa. As per the program, applicants should have sponsors who should be permanent residents or Canadian citizens located in specified provinces. The provinces are:

  • Manitoba
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland
  • Nova Scotia
  • Saskatchewan
  • Prince Edward Island

Once issues, applicants are allowed permanent residence and right to work in Canada.

Family-Based Provincial Nominee Visa Basic Requirements
To obtain this visa, applicants should produce evidence of a close family relative willing to sponsor them. Besides, possessing English or French language skills, applicants should also have requisite settlement funds.
However, applicants will have to meet certain requirements, with reference specific regions, as below:

  • New Brunswick Skilled Worker (NBPNP) – Family Support visa: Under this program, applicants should have close family relatives in New Brunswick and fulfill the age, employment, experience, language and adaptability requirements.
  • Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) – Family Support visa: Applicants under this program should have completed at least 21 years of age, while should not be more than 49 years. They should have completed post-secondary education of at least one academic year and received a diploma or certificate. Apart from this, they should have at least two years of full-time work experience within the past five years of applying.
  • Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) – Family Members visa: To obtain this visa, applicants must be between 18 – 49 years of age. They should have completed the mandatory educational requirements and have a permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan Employer.
  • Newfoundland & Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NPNP) – Family Connection visa: Applicants applying for this program should be between the ages of 18 to 49 years. They must have finished post-secondary education, training or apprenticeship of at least one year in length, resulted in a diploma, a certificate or a degree, and have at least one year of work experience. Besides, they should also have a full-time permanent job offer from a local employer.
  • Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) – Non-Dependent Child of Nova Scotia Nominees visa: According to this program, applicants must be the non-dependent children of immigrants who were nominated under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP). Also as per the Nova Scotia Family Business Worker Stream, family-owned businesses can employ close relatives with skills that cannot be found locally.

Family-Based Provincial Nominee Visa Entitlements
Family-Based Provincial Nominee visa holder is permitted permanent residence in Canada. Applicants can join their sponsors under the Family Class and can exercise their rights to stay, study and work in Canada until further notice. Applicants, now permanent residents can access Canada’s government-funded programs which include sponsored education, language training programs, assistance for finding employment and health care. In addition, the applicants are also eligible for plans such as Guaranteed Income Supplement, Old Age Security, Canada Pension Plan Benefits and the option to participate in retirement plans such as Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSP).

Our Most Frequently Asked Questions!!

Q1. What is a Canada Immigration Visa?

It is a document that permits a person to work and live in one of the Canadian province or territory. It comes with several responsibilities and may be revoked in case the holder does not obey the Canadian residency obligations or is found guilty of conducting criminal activities in the country.

Q2. When can I obtain citizenship of Canada?

The Canadian Citizenship can typically be obtained after a period of three years of Permanent residence in Canada.

Q3. What is a Canadian Permanent Resident Card?

A Canadian Permanent Resident Card is a small, secured plastic card which contains the cardholder’s personal details and confirms the holder’s status as a Permanent Resident of Canada.

Q4. Is dual citizenship recognized in Canada?

Yes. Since 1977, the Canadian country has permitted its citizens to hold multiple or dual citizenship. This means that a citizen of Canada will not lose his/her Canadian citizenship in case he/she retains his/her native nation’s citizenship.

Q5. What is the Canadian Experience Class Program?

The Canadian Experience Class Program is an immigration category that permits temporary international workers to work in the country with a Permanent Resident Visa of Canada.

Q6. What is a Provincial Nominee program?

  • The Provincial Nominee program was instituted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to permit different provinces and territories of Canada to select individuals who have required skills and experience for filling in the position of work which cannot be done by existing workforce in Canada and further contribute to the economic development of the country. Most territories and provinces within the country take part in the Provincial Nominee programs.

Q7. Can an individual apply for a Temporary Work Permit and a Canada Immigration Visa?

Yes. An individual can apply only for a Temporary Work Permit or in combination with an application for an immigration visa. CIC recognizes dual intent, whereby an individual can work in Canada on temporary basis and thereafter live and work in the country permanently.

Q8. Do students need a student visa for pursuing a short term course?

The need for a student visa majorly depends on the length of the course. If the course duration is less than six months, then there is no need for a student visa. However, if the course duration is more than six months, you must apply for a student visa.

Q9. Is there an eligibility occupation list under the Federal Skilled Worker Visa category?

  • No, there is no eligibility occupation list prevalent at this time under the Federal Skilled Worker Visa category. Applicants of this category must have a minimum one year work experience in the last 10 years in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) code types O, A and B.
Back To Top