Entertainer Visitor Visa
This is a new category of visas, introduced in November 2008. As the name suggests, this category is meant for entertainers wishing to participate in authority approved arts festivals, music competitions, and charity events.
Entertainer Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To qualify for an Entertainer visitor visa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- They must want to visit the UK for a period of six (6) months at most,
- They have the intention to leave the UK at the end of their visit,
- They must have sufficient funds to support and accommodate themselves,
- They must not intend to charge members of the public for services provided or goods received,
- They must not plan to study, and
- They must demonstrate their ability to meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
Furthermore, the applicant must express that they do not intend to be paid other than cash prizes or for board and lodging expenses.
Entertainer Visitor Visa Entitlements
An Entertainer Visitor visa entitles the holders to visit the UK for a period of up to six (6) months to participate in the events specified in their application. Multiple entry visas are also available and they are valid for 6 months, 1, 2, 5 and 10 years.