Student Visitor Visa
The Student Visitor category has been introduced for applicants wishing to take short-term courses of study of up to six (6) months, e.g. short-term English language courses, but they must not intend to enroll for part-time employment or extend their visas.
Student Visitor Visa Basic Requirements
To visit United Kingdom as a Student visitor, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- They must be seeking entry as a student visitor for a pre-stipulated duration which does not exceed a period of six (6) months,
- They must have been accepted on a course of study which is to be provided by an organisation approved by the Register of Education and Training Providers,
- They must intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the course,
- They must not undertake employment or any business in the United Kingdom,
- They must not intend to study at a maintained school,
- They must be able to afford the maintenance funds and accommodate themselves and their dependants, and
- They must be at least 18 years of age.
Student Visitor Visa Entitlements
Successful applicants are permitted to enter the UK to pursue a short-term course of maximum of six (6) months duration.
Student Visitor visa holders may not undertake part-time employment and they cannot extend their stay in the UK.