Skip to content


An Excellent option for Caregivers and Home Support Workers to immigrate to Canada and earn permanent residency

Canada’s workforce is aging, which is leaving the country with not only several vacancies but it also creates a need for caregivers to assist the elderly.

Recognizing the importance of caregivers for the Canadian community, in June 2019, the Federal government launched two new immigration programs for foreign caregivers who want to work in Canada – The Home Child Care Provider Pilot and The Home Support Worker Pilot.

The Home Child Care Provider Pilot The Home Support Worker Pilot
This Pilot is designed for foreign nationals with work experience in NOC 4411.

Applicants must have provided in-home care to children under the age of 18, whether in their own home or in the employer’s or child’s home.

Note: Foster parents are not eligible to apply under the Home Child-Care Provider Pilot.

This pilot is designed for foreign nationals with work experience in NOC 4412.

Applicants must have qualifying work experience as Home Support Workers and related occupations excluding housekeepers.


  • These two five-year pilot programs let qualified caregivers and their family members come to Canada and apply for permanent residence.
  • The application process will be different for each applicant depending on their situation, and qualifying work experience.
  • While applying, candidates must submit a work permit application along with the application for permanent residence.
  • If candidates meet the requirements, they will receive a Temporary Work Permit.
  • This permit is an occupation- restricted open work permit, which allows holders to work as caregivers for any employer as long as they are not blacklisted by the government.
  • Once candidates get the required 24 months of work experience, they can send in the proof of experience and immigration authorities will make a final decision on their PR application.


  • Job Offer: Candidates required a job offer in Canada
  • Work Experience: At least 1 year of relevant work experience required to initiate the process. With a work permit, caregivers will be able to gain the two years mandatory work experience in order to get permanent residence in Canada.
  • Language Proficiency: Equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 5 – (IELTS 5 band in Listening, Writing & Speaking and 4 Band in Reading module)
  • Educational Requirements: Applicants must have one year of Canadian post-secondary education or foreign equivalent to be eligible. Candidates with a foreign educational credential must provide an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report issued by an organization designated by IRCC.


STEP 1: Receive a Offer of Employment (IMM 5983 E) from a qualified Canadian Employer

STEP 2: Obtain required IELTS & ECA credentials

STEP 3: Application for Permanent Residency and Work Permit will be parallelly filed within the appropriate pilot program in Canada

STEP 4: Upon accessing positive based on program’s eligibility, applicant will be granted approval to file Open Work Permit from their home country. This Work Permit will be Occupation specific in the same NOC but not restricted to the same employer.

STEP 5: Work Permit will be processed within 45 days (Average Time). Applicant can get Work and Study Permits for his/her Spouse and children to bring them to Canada with him/her.

STEP 6: Applicant goes to Canada, get required work experience and become eligible for Permanent Residency.


  • Technical assessment of applicant’s profile
  • Assigning of appropriate NOC : 4411 or 4412
  • Assistance in applying and obtaining an ECA report from a designated organization
  • Resume formatting as per Canadian Standards
  • Arranging Interviews by Marketing Resume with the potential Canadian Employers
  • Offer Letter upon selection by the Canadian employer upon employer’s discretion
  • Assistance in Documentation Preparation
  • Assistance in PR & Work Permit application preparation and submission in Canada
  • Open Work Permit filing in the applicant’s home country
  • Updating IRCC after applicant obtained required experience (at least 24 months) in Canada to finalize applicant’s PR application
Back To Top